Anyone wishing to coach for Storm must complete:
1. The age appropropriate course from the CSA Community Stream Workshops.
4. All coaches must complete a Canadian Police Information Check (CPIC), including a Vunerable Sector Check as well as a Nova Scotia Child Abuse Registry and submit documents to our HR/Risk Board member David Lincourt. Storm will cover the cost of the CPIC up to a maximum amount of $30 and you can complete your CPIC conveniently online. Please contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the online link.
Once all three courses have been completed, a coach is considered certified. (Please note: (MED) and Respect in Sport are only taken once. If you have completed these courses from coaching another sport, your certifications can be transferred).
Courses can be taken in any order to suit your individual needs:
· ACTIVE START – (U4-U6) - 4hrs of course instruction.
· FUNDAMENTALS – (U8) - 7hrs of course instruction.
· LEARN TO TRAIN – (U10-U12) - 14hrs of course instruction.
· SOCCER FOR LIFE – (U13 and up) - 14hrs of course instruction.
For a comprehensive guide to what courses you need at each level, click here to be directed to the Soccer NS coaching standards document. Anyone wishing for information on higher level coaching (A/B/C Licences) through CSA Performance Stream Workshops can find out more information by clicking here.
Ready to sign up for your chosen course..? Check for a schedule of upcoming courses and register for your course here. (Updated at the beginning of each new season...)